Public Works Department
We strive to provide our customers with the highest quality services at a competitive cost to the taxpayers. We are committed to the highest standards of safety, integrity, excellence, and performance in dealing with residents and visitors. Our Mission is to be the best at identifying, qualifying and delivering top talent for our customers, while enhancing the careers of our employees.
Water Meter Change-out Project Continues
Wrightsville Beach Public Works will be completing the final phase of the Meter Replacement Project beginning Monday, June 20, 2022. Three hundred electronic meters installed between 2012 to 2014 will be replaced with new meters that have increased battery life and an extended warranty. The Town’s contractor, Ferguson Waterworks, will begin work on Monday, June 20th and expect to complete the project by Friday, June 24th.
Changes will only be made to ¾” and 1” domestic and irrigation meters and will affect areas from Seagull Street north to the Shell Island turnaround including Parmele Isle, Pelican Drive and a few other homes throughout town.
Shell Island Resort, The Islander, Holiday Inn, Duneridge, Wrightsville Dunes, and Cordgrass Bay with their larger size meters will not be affected.
How will this project affect customers?
- The contractor will attempt to notify each customer (directly by knocking on the door).
- Each customer will typically experience a 10-20 minute service disruption during the new meter installation.
- The outside hose spigot may be turned on to flush the water service line.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to make improvements. Please contact the Wrightsville Beach Public Works Department at (910) 256-7935 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.
The Public Works Department provides a variety of services to Town government and the residents of Wrightsville Beach.
The department is divided into 8 divisions:
- Building Maintenance
- Fleet Maintenance
- Public Works Administration
- Stormwater Maintenance
- Street Maintenance
If you need work done, complete the Service Request Form. Note: Electronics and hazardous waste items are not picked up or recycled by the Town.
- For Public Parks and Recreation Area Issues, contact Parks and Recreation
- For Animal Control Issues, contact the Park Ranger
Public Works Administration
The Public Works Administration division is responsible for the overall supervision, data analysis, and budgeting for each of the 8 Public Works divisions.
The division performs professional, technical, and administrative work by planning, organizing, and directing a variety of Public Works activities. These activities include:
- Building and landscape maintenance and repair
- Fleet maintenance
- Maintenance and repair
- Sewer collection system construction and maintenance
- Solid waste collection and disposal
- Storm water system construction maintenance and repair
- Street and drainage system construction
- Water distribution
- Well system operation