Residential Parking Permits and Vehicle Tax Decals
Purchasing Parking Permits and Vehicle Tax Decals Property owners in Wrightsville Beach are eligible to purchase up to 2 residential parking permits (hang tags) for $35 each. Permits can be purchased at the Parking Office at 321 Causeway Drive. In the event an owner releases residential parking permits to a tenant, the tenant will need to submit a notarized letter application form provided by the Town (attached in a link below) specifying the number of permits requested. Non-metered streets on Harbor Island will be parking by residential parking permit and/or vehicle identification decal only. These areas are enforced from May 1 - September 15th from 9am to 6pm.
Vehicle tax decals may also be purchased from the Lanier Parking office. This annual license tax, required per Town ordinances 70.35 - 70.39, is to be paid annually on or before the first day of April of each year. Vehicle tax decals also serve as identification for re-entry onto Wrightsville Beach in the event of a mandatory evacuation. It's important to purchase your vehicle tax decal before April. Sale of the decals ceases when a hurricane warning is issued.
Notorized Residential Parking Permit Application
Applicants for a Residential Parking Permit will need to show one of the following:
- A driver's license that matches the Town's property tax listing
- Another form of identification that identifies the individual as the property owner
- If you lease a property, a notarized residential parking permit application from the property owner giving permission to obtain that property's allocation of passes is required.
- If you lease a property that is handled by a property management group a notarized letter from the management group will be required in order to release the residential parking permits to the tenant.
- If a property is a multi-family unit registered as a single property, the property is eligible for only 2 passes.
- For each residential parking permit purchased, a vehicle tax decal must also be purchased with the residential parking permit if the owner of the vehicle resides in the Town for a period of 30 days (permanent or temporary residence) or if the vehicle is stored in the Town for any purpose either when in use or not in use.
- If you are not purchasing a residential parking permit, vehicle tax decals will still be required if the owner of the vehicle resides in the Town for a period of 30 days (permanent or temporary residence) or if the vehicle is stored in the Town for any purpose either when in use or not in use.
- Vehicle tax decals will also be required for those vehicles used and maintained and normally stored in the Town in connection with a business located in the Town.
Residential Parking Permits are valid in the following locations:
- West Salisbury Street Lot
- Jack Parker Boulevard Lot
- On-Street metered spaces, except in 1 hour limited spaces
- North Lumina Parking Lot ("L" shaped lot)
- Ocean View Parking Lot
- Moore's Inlet Parking Lot (beside Holiday Inn)
- South Lumina Parking Lot (across from Oceanic Restaurant)
- Wynn Plaza Parking Lot (at the corner of Waynick Blvd and Causeway Dr)
- 1-Hour Parking Only Metered Spaces (in the central business district)
- East Salisbury Street Parking Lot (adjacent to Johnny Mercers Pier)
- On-Street Parking Spaces from Sunset Street to Iula Street (adjacent to the Oceanic Restaurant)
- North Wrightsville Beach Lot (adjacent to Shell Island)
Other Parking Passes Available
The Town of Wrightsville Beach also offers the parking pass options below for residents and visitors:
- Daily Pass - Available from pay stations for $15 per day
- Weekly Pass - Available at the parking office for $75 per week
- Contractor Pass - Available at the parking office for $8.00/Per Day/Per Vehicle